Welcome

Welcome to my blog; an occasional update to things happening in my life.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Persistence Pays Off

Folks often confuse Mum's Creations for a giant company.  I consider that a tribute to my marketing.

Let's face it; we all have strengths and weaknesses and I am well aware of mine.

With a background in campaigns and elections, I have a wealth of experience in what is more commonly called marketing.  Advertising, social media and direct mail are all part of this tiny business's arsenal.

I have a large database of small businesses that I think may be interested in my creations.  I have spent hours, months and years researching and curating this list.

My "Masterfile" is Mum's Creations chief asset.

You know, at times, it feels like I'm sending out newsletters, catalogues and e-mails into a black hole.  In my darkest moments I visualize thousands of pieces of direct mail going directly into the recycle bin.

Then a gem appears.  Persistence pays off.

A business I have been targeting for years comes through with an inquiry or an order.

I equate it to being a fisherman.   Baiting the line with products new and old, casting into the Masterfile pool, waiting for a nibble and sometimes even landing a beautiful fish!

Here's the honest truth.  Mum's Creations is operated by one person.  I am the devious marketer, creative mind, intrepid accountant and callused hands behind this endeavour.  My family has supported me every step of the way with my requests for time, assistance and ignored advice.

The Masterfile rules.  And so do my customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment