Welcome

Welcome to my blog; an occasional update to things happening in my life.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kitchen Wrapping Cloth Supports Textile Recycling Intiative

Yikes!  2013 is here and I finally get to reveal my latest project.  I got this little idea from similar products being sold in the United States. 


These delicious Kitchen Wrapping Cloths are a fantastic solution to easing plastic wrap and bags out of my kitchen.  I've always loved fabric.  In fact my first business venture was in the textile area and I drifted away ten or more years ago.  Well, baby, it seems I'm back!

The concept is simple and based upon Japanese culture where fabric cloths are used for wrapping food, gifts or virtually anything.  It is called "furoshiki" and more information can be viewed here.

A while back a friend gave me a gift wrapped in a beautiful piece of floral fabric which I turned into a napkin by hemming the edges.  Maybe that's where the seed was planted.

The idea really sprouted when I happened upon a Vancouver textile recycling intiative called Our Social Fabric.  A link to their website is here where you can learn more about their work and admirable goals.

Attending one of the monthly sales OSF hosts was all I needed to get this new project underway.

Have a browse through my web pages and let me know what you think!  I'm excited by this and am hoping to be so darn busy......

Lots of love and happy fabric-ing!



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article thanks for sharing such nice information with us. Here is the best store in india that have a all collections of clothing for women, men , boy, girl.The salwar kameez is very popular cloth in india. every women want to wear varieties of salwar kameez like anarkali salwar kameez which is come back in fashions with variations.
    Anarkali Salwar Kameez Shopping

    ReplyDelete